COVID-19 PROTOCOL IS IN PLACE.
With the current concerns in the community about COVID-19, we would like to reassure our patients and inform them that we are taking the necessary precautions.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and as comfortable as possible. We follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued and we have always practiced "Universal Precautions" in our office which includes disinfecting all surfaces that we or our patients come in contact with. All instruments are heat and steam sterilized in an autoclave device, and all non-sterilizable items are discarded after a single use.
Our office will be enforcing some additional measures in order to comply with the recommended COVID-19 protocols.
- If you have or if someone you are in close contact with has been exposed to someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution, you must wait a minimum 14 days, before you can be seen in our office.
- All patients who feel ill or that may have any symptoms of a cold, flu or upper respiratory illness, must reschedule their appointment with our office until at least 48 hours after the symptoms are gone. If a patient arrives at office with these symptoms, the same will apply.
- We ask that you DO NOT bring additional people with you, unless it is absolutely necessary, in order to decrease chances of spreading any potential viruses. We ask that drivers, family members, etc.., stay in the car.
- In order to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time, it is very important that you are here at the exact time of your appointment. Please DO NOT come in more than 5 minutes before the appointment and do not be late.
- We are requiring anyone that comes to our office to BRING A FACE MASK to be worn when in the building and to practice social distancing. We are not able to provide masks.
- In an effort to limit contact in the waiting room, we ask that you have your paperwork filled out BEFORE you arrive.
- We will be taking temperatures and performing required screenings on anyone that enters the building.
- We ask that patients use hand sanitizer and tissue that will be available in the reception area and in other places throughout the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and we will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling appointments.
Please rest assured that in general, we deal with a very healthy patient population as compared to a hospital, nursing home, or even your private physician's office. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep our patients safe.
We must all do our part to avoid spreading this or any other illness to our community. The safety and comfort of our patients is our top priority.
Thank you for your understanding!